CERTIFIED ELECTRICAL JOURNEY PERSON
- Are you a certified, experienced Electrical Journey Person looking to work with a dynamic and ever-growing team?
- Do you enjoy project variety and the opportunity to work on projects that help make a difference to the betterment of our environment?
- Are you looking for opportunities for advancement or to learn new skills?
- Are you a team player that aligns with Arcadian company values?
- Are you looking for a work environment that empowers and engages team members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Arcadian Projects is the place for you!
As an Electrician with Arcadian Project, you will report to the Industrial Manager, work alongside other experienced trades and have the opportunity to mentor apprentices. You will have the opportunity to work within multiple sectors including industrial, commercial and energy sectors, and work on a variety of different project types.
Functions of the Position
As a certified Electrician, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and repair industrial and commercial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls.
Candidates must have a valid:
- 306A certificate of qualifications, registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Working at Heights,
- Ontario Driver’s License with clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Ability to repair, troubleshoot and install a variety of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
- Have experience with electrical wiring and testing for a variety of electrical systems.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance.
- Energy project experience is an asset.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Ability to collaborate with others and/or work independently.
- Believes, promotes and adheres to safe work practices, and complies with all applicable. legislative health and safety policies and procedures.
- Highly reliable individual dedicated to continuous improvement with proven leadership abilities.
- Good housekeeping process to ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times.
- Punctual disposition.
- Able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interpersonal skills with peers, partners, and public as well as clients and co-workers.
- Carry out a variety of tasks to support company trade services.
- Strong problem-solving skills in all areas of the trade
- Experience in material & equipment ordering & procurement.
- Ability to interpret & meet job schedules.
- Ability to effectively coordinate work activities.
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
Physical Capabilities: This is a physically demanding position. Electricians must be able to:
- Lift 50lbs
- Stand for long periods
- Have full dexterity: Use their hands to control, handle and feel objects, tools and controls
- Carry large spools of wire
- Conduct repeat movements
- Kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl
- Climb ladders, scaffolds or poles
Working Environment: Much of the time is spent in movement, elevated, in small spaces and/or large open spaces, with other equipment in operation around the working space. Work environments may be dirty, loud, or outdoors in various types of weather.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment