LICENSED PLUMBING JOURNEY PERSON
- Are you a licensed, experienced plumbing Journey Person looking to work with a dynamic and ever-growing team?
- Do you enjoy project variety and the opportunity to work on projects that help make a difference to the betterment of our environment?
- Are you looking for opportunities for advancement or to learn new skills?
- Are you a team player that aligns with Arcadian company values?
- Are you looking for a work environment that empowers and engages team members?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Arcadian Projects is the place for you!
As a licensed Plumber with Arcadian Project, you will report to the Industrial Manager, work alongside other experienced trades and have the opportunity to mentor apprentices. You will have the opportunity to work within multiple sectors including industrial, commercial and energy sectors, and work on a variety of different project types.
Functions of the Position
As a certified Plumber, you will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of a variety of mechanical systems in commercial and industrial applications. You are required to understand current code regulations, read drawings and specifications and determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks and wastewater drainage systems.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
$36.70 – $44.00 per hour.
Candidates must have a valid:
- 309A or 447A certificate of qualifications, registered with the Ontario College of Trades.
- Working at Heights,
- Ontario Driver’s License with clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Cross-connection certification
- G2 or G1 Gas Fitter ticket is considered an asset
- Ability to repair, troubleshoot and install mechanical equipment for a variety of mechanical systems
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance
- Energy project experience an asset
- Self-motivated individual
- Ability to collaborate with others and/or work independently
- Believes, promotes and adheres to safe work practices, and complies with all applicable legislative health and safety policies and procedures
- Highly reliable individual dedicated to continuous improvement with proven leadership abilities.
- Good housekeeping process to ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times.
- Punctual disposition
- Able to demonstrate appropriate and effective interpersonal skills with peers, partners, and public as well as clients and co-workers
- Carry out a variety of tasks to support company trade services
- Strong problem-solving skills in all areas of the business
- Experience in material & equipment ordering & procurement
- Ability to interpret & meet job schedules
- Ability to effectively coordinate work activities
Physical Capabilities/Work Environment
Physical Capabilities: This is a physically demanding position. Electricians must be able to:
- Lift 50lbs
- Stand for long periods
- Have full dexterity: Use their hands to control, handle and feel objects, tools and controls
- Carry large pieces of pipe and equipment
- Conduct repeat movements
- Dig trenches
- Kneel, stoop, crouch or crawl
- Climb ladders, scaffolds or poles
Working Environment: Much of the time is spent in movement, elevated, in small spaces and/or large open spaces, with other equipment in operation around the working space. Work environments may be dirty, loud, or outdoors in various types of weather.
- A competitive salary package commensurate with experience
- A full company-paid benefits package
- Vehicle mileage when applicable
- Group RRSP plan with company matching
- Real opportunities for growth, development and advancement
- Fun and social work environment/events
- An open and collaborative work environment