Solar Net Metering
Thinking about adding solar net metering to your house or farm? By going solar you are protecting yourself from rising energy costs, saving money long-term, building value in your home, farm or business, and helping our environment by replacing non-renewable energy sources.
Many small and large electricity consumers are looking at Net Metering Solutions to help offset their hydro bills and save. When your solar panels produce more electricity than you need, that electricity is sent to the grid in exchange for credits. Then, at night or other times when your solar panels are under-producing, you pull electricity from the grid and use these credits to offset the costs of that energy.
Already know that renewable solar is right for you? Click the button below to fill out our remote-assessment tool to get you started.
Need to learn more? Keep scrolling down the page to learn more about different solar energy systems and how we can help.
How Solar Net Metering Works
- Solar panels generate electricity.
- The electricity generated from solar panels is used to power the building first.
- Any extra electricity generated is temporarily sent to the local grid.
- If you supply more electricity than what you take from the grid over the billing cycle, you’ll receive a credit toward future energy bills. The credit can be carried forward for up to 12 months.
- Electricity is drawn from the local grid when the building’s electricity needs are higher than the amount of electricity generated by the solar panels.
- Net-metered customers’ monthly electricity charges are calculated based on the difference between the amount of electricity used from the local grid and the credits received from any electricity sent to the local grid from the solar panels.
Our specific goal with net metering is to off-set your electricity charges. However, renewable solar power systems also let you think long term and consider the bigger electricity picture. By incorporating renewable solar, you are giving your property the ability to integrate energy storage to help power your home, car, generator and more.
Which type of Solar PV system is right for you?
In most situations a solar panel system can be incorporated in some way to your property; whether installed on your home roof, shed, barn, ground-mounted or custom-designed, we can help you find the right design for your application.
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR UNIQUE SOLAR PROGRAM!
To help support your renewable needs, we have created a unique solar program where you have everything to gain! For all of our installed solar systems, we have included a unique 10-YEAR POWER PRODUCTION GUARANTEE AND PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM. This program is designed to give you peace of mind feeling protected, knowing Arcadian stands behind your solar system installation.
Interested in learning more about our unique solar program? Download the program guide today.
We are experts in renewable solar systems.
We design for your site and your application, to ensure that your renewable solar energy system will be a valuable long-term investment. Our services include: